  From: Michael Maniates
  To: Raul Pacheco ; gep-ed@listserve1.allegheny.edu
  Sent: Tuesday, April 15, 2008 11:37 AM
  Subject: Re: Water governance and multi-level governance

  You'd be well-served, I think, by the contents and bibliography of Ken
Conca's Governing Water:
  http://mitpress.mit.edu/catalog/item/default.asp?ttype=2&tid=10636

  MM

  At 01:54 PM 4/15/2008, Raul Pacheco wrote:

    Dear all,

    I do recognize that this question may be better posed for a list-serve in
public policy, but I'm unaware of any, so I'm appealing to GEP-ED.

    I am writing a think piece on water governance. I am not looking exactly at
transboundary water governance, nor at global governance, though both are
topics I'm going to have to address in some detail.

    I am aware of the Rhodes books and articles on governance, the British
school, and the transition from government to governance debate.

    I am wondering if anyone has any particular "broad, lit review" piece or
knows of any, on water governance, particularly from the viewpoint of network
governance and polycentricity. I would prefer if said piece was focused on
water, but not necessarily

    Suggestions most appreciated and will compile the responses.

    Thanks in advance,
    Raul