Hi Phillip,

Sorry to say that my reply may not directly serve your query. However, your
note did remind me of a group I recently came across- the Poverty Action Lab
at MIT, which ultimately assesses the effectiveness of development aid
spending (does it fall short of what is really needed? does it really
help?). I think it's a great research question - with obvious practical
implications. For more information http://www.povertyactionlab.com/

Thanks!
ruba