On the subject of skepticism and its uneven distribution, see the July issue
of *Public Understanding of Science* 18(4):

Believing is seeing: laypeople's views of future socio-economic and climate
change in England and in Italy
Irene Lorenzoni and Mike Hulme
Public Understanding of Science 2009;18 383-400
http://pus.sagepub.com/cgi/content/abstract/18/4/383?etoc

What's in a name? Commonalities and differences in public understanding of
"climate change" and "global warming"
Lorraine Whitmarsh
Public Understanding of Science 2009;18 401-420
http://pus.sagepub.com/cgi/content/abstract/18/4/401?etoc

Global warming--global responsibility? Media frames of collective action
and scientific certainty
Ulrika Olausson
Public Understanding of Science 2009;18 421-436
http://pus.sagepub.com/cgi/content/abstract/18/4/421?etoc

adam

--
Adam Henne, assistant professor