dear kate (et al),

i was lecturing in brazil a couple of weeks ago and the 'is it really true'
question came up with surprising frequency.  turns out that a very prestigious
figure, the former rector of the university of brazilia, is a climate change
denier.  there have been strong replies to him in the brazilian media, but
nevertheless his influence seems to have kept the doubts alive.

all best,

dale

**********************
Dale Jamieson
Director of Environmental Studies
Professor of Environmental Studies and Philosophy
Affiliated Professor of Law
Environmental Studies Program
New York University
285 Mercer Street, 901
New York NY 10003-6653
Voice 212-998-5429
Fax 212-995-4157
http://philosophy.fas.nyu.edu/object/dalejamieson.html

"Intellectuals are reliable lagging indicators, near infallible guides to what
used to be true."--Charles R. Morris