I see no problem waiting until august for an introduction. I've introduced
adult females after varying lengths of time alone. I've found (and other
keepers as well, I believe) that female introductions have a higher chance
of success with 2 gerbils close to the same age and very similar in size
(different from males who are more likely to accept a pup). I would
definitely give it a try- she may be good and lonely by that time and more
willing to accept a new companion.
Jill