On Tue Oct 25 23:24:25 BST 2016, Budge wrote:

My previous posting on pvr problem
has only had one reply from Vangelis
which, unusually has not solved my problem.

...But, in my defence, I DID NUDGE YOU in the right direction;
if you had paid due attention towards the end of my post
(http://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/get_iplayer/2016-October/009873.html) :

Usually, the best place to start troubleshooting
would be your user prefs file (options?).
Maybe you have inadvertently set up something
there that's responsible for your current predicament...

then you'd have found the culprit; you could have either
located manually your "options" file and inpected it with an editor
or (the proper way suggested by SP) printed its contents in
the terminal via:

get_iplayer --prefs-show

Regards,
Vangelis.