On 26/10/16 01:14, Vangelis forthnet wrote:
[snip]
...But, in my defence, I DID NUDGE YOU in the right direction;
if you had paid due attention towards the end of my post
(http://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/get_iplayer/2016-October/009873.html)

You do not, of course, need a defence. It just took me a while to get there as I was so confident I hadn't touched --prefs when problem started.

then you'd have found the culprit; you could have either
located manually your "options" file and inpected it with an editor
or (the proper way suggested by SP) printed its contents in
the terminal via:

get_iplayer --prefs-show

Which is what I use. Sorry I didn't go straight to it as you pointed out. Too busy chasing hares.

While on the subject of prefs I use:-
tvmode = flashhd,hvfvhigh,flashvhigh,hvfhigh
output = /home/alastair/GiP_Recordings.

This seems to get me what I want but I note there are still references to deprecated options in the text which comes up after a download and I am also not sure which is the correct way to get "hd" resolution with only 25fps. I think the above achieves this but would be grateful for advice on best practice and getting fully up to date.

Best wishes,
Budge

Regards,
Vangelis.