An alternative to providing *.dpkg packages for OSX would be to install it
via homebrew (https://brew.sh). At the moment there exists only a homebrew
"formula" to install ghdl from the +.dpkg packages. But it is probably not
too difficult to modify the formula so that it installs ghdl by building it
from the source code.