Hi,

Sven Neumann wrote:
"Branko Collin" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
Of course, this would put the burden of triage on the GIMP developers who are currently doing that, but it might avoid reporters being scared away by curt WONTFIX replies.

The reply is NOTGNOME and we usually ask the bug reporter to get in
contact with Jernej or whoever built the binary package and report the
problem there.

By "we", you mean "I", don't you? And today that hasn't happened at least once, the reply was simply "Your bug report is about the installer then and thus
does not belong into this bug-tracker".

IMO it's up to Jernej or whoever builds the binaries to
setup a bug-tracker for it and to inform users that build problems
should be reported there.  That's what all other packagers of GIMP do
as well. It certainly doesn't belong into GNOME Bugzilla.

"All the other packagers of the GIMP" make money from it, and employ people to do this type of thing, and have dedicated machines. Jernej makes binaries in his spare time, and the least we could do is show a little tolerance on this issue.

I don't see why bugs like these certainly don't beling in GNOME Bugzilla. It would be nice if you could explain why this is so obviously true.

Cheers,
Dave.

--
Dave Neary