Hi,

On Fri, 2004-05-07 at 17:50, Sven Neumann wrote:
> Because we can't do anything about the bugs. Nobody but the packager
> can. The situation would be different if the tools used to build the
> binary packages would be in GNOME CVS. That would certainly qualify
> the project for also using the bug tracker. But as long as people
> build GIMP using proprietary scripts that they don't publish anywhere,
> I am going to show no tolerance towards them.

This was also my main argument against tracking any 3rd party installers
in GNOME Bugzilla. The GIMP developers have no way of fixing a bug even
if they know how it should be done.

But seeing the waste amount of bugs filed primarily for win32 installers
since we released 2.0.0 I am slowly starting to change my mind. Perhaps
a '3rd party installer' or similar component should be added to the GIMP
product. Bugs can then be re-assigned to that component instead of being
resolved NOTGNOME.

At least I think we should try it out and see how it works out.

Regards,
Brix
--
Henrik Brix Andersen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>