On 7 May 2004, at 17:50, Sven Neumann wrote:
> Dave Neary <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>
> > By "we", you mean "I", don't you? And today that hasn't happened at
> > least once, the reply was simply "Your bug report is about the
> > installer then and thus does not belong into this bug-tracker".
>
> Well, I knew that I was dealing with Branko, who should know
> better. The response is different when innocent users hit bugzilla.

That I should know better is true but for one thing, and also it is
not a good argument in its own right.

I should know better when I am absolutely certain that a bug is
purely restricted to a certain build. Without using a certain GIMP
version in at least two different incarnations, I cannot tell with
100% certainty that some bug is strictly related to a certain build.

Also, 'dealing with Branko' is not a concept known to 'innocent
users' who stumble on your comments when searching for existing
reports for their bugs, and may conclude that this is how you talk to
everybody. You could have used e-mail to tell me that I should know
better.

--
branko collin