On Friday, May 7, 2004, 22:59:14, Sven Neumann wrote:

> I was under the impression that building a GIMP installer involved
> some black magic. After all there don't seem to be many people able to
> build GIMP from source on win32.

Once you have the mingw+MSys environment set up, building Gimp is just
./configure --prefix=<somewhere> && make. Getting GTK+ to compile is more
challenging though (but I use precompiled GTK packages provided by Tor for
now).

Right now, building the installer involves make install, then running the
install script from the top install directory. Since the install builder has
a command-line compiler, this could be automated, too...

--
begin  .sig
< Jernej Simoncic >< http://deepthought.ena.si/ >

She who is silent consents.