Sven Neumann ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote:
> Simon Budig <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>
> >> I also think that it will clutter the rows too much if we move it to
> >> the front. Perhaps consider to add it on the top of the dialog with
> >> the opacity slider and the "Lock Alpha Channel" toggle ?
> >
> > I don't think this is practical. In Skencil I use locking of layers
> > as a method to quickly protect the layers of the objects I am not using.
> > However, that means that I iterate over the column of the layer locking
> > buttons and decide if I want to change that layer or not.
> >
> > Having to individually select the layers and then toggle the button
> > somewhere else makes this feature basically useless.
>
> Well, we do that already for the alpha channel lock and it doesn't
> seem to work that badly. Sooner or later we will probably want to add
> more such toggles.

actually the alpha channel lock is a major source of confusion,
sometimes even for me. "Huh, painting doesn't work". Also it has a
different use pattern: Your descision if you need to toggle it depends
only on the layer itself. This is - as I explained - very much different
from locking the layer completely: Your attention shifts to a different
group of layers and you want to toggle this on multiple layers
simultaneously. With your proposed solution it would be a major PITA to
do this.

Bye,
        Simon
--