Em 20/10/2021 21:11, Ken Moffat via gimp-user-list escreveu:
> On Wed, Oct 20, 2021 at 08:12:43PM -0300, Dedeco Balaco via gimp-user-list
> wrote:
>> Em 19/10/2021 17:09, Liam R E Quin escreveu:

>>> If the error is "configure: not found" or
>>> bash: ./configure: No  such file or directory
>>> you need to run autogen.sh, using the --prefix=$HOME/opt option.
>> The configure script was and is here. I would be able to understand the
>> configure file was not in the source directory. Let me show the output
>> of it, with the options i used:
>>
>> $ ./configure --with-gimpdir=/dev/shm/.raiz/tmp/
>> --with-html-dir=/dev/shm/.raiz/
>>     doc/ --disable-default-binary --with-desktop-dir=/dev/shm/.raiz/bin/
>> --prefi
>>     x=/dev/shm/.raiz/
> [snip normal stuff]
>> checking for BABL... no
>> configure: error: Package requirements (babl >= 0.0.22) were not met:
>>
>> No package 'babl' found
>>
>> Consider adjusting the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable if you
>> installed software in a non-standard prefix.
>>
>> Alternatively, you may set the environment variables BABL_CFLAGS
>> and BABL_LIBS to avoid the need to call pkg-config.
>> See the pkg-config man page for more details.
>>
> For building software, many distros which are primarily binary split
> packages into parts,  I think that earlier you mentioned something
> about libbabl, you will also need the headers and pkgconfig file.  I
> recall that debian has something like 'build-essentials' for basic
> compilation, I guess you already have that to get past the basics in
> configure.
>
> If your installed version of libbabl is adequate, look for the
> corresponding package(s) - perhaps named babl-dev in debian.
>
> If your installed version is too old, and you are unable to use a
> newer packaged version from a different debian flavour, you will
> need to put both it and the subsequent packages in a different
> prefix, and put that at the front of your PATH and of your
> PKG_CONFIG_PATH.
>
> As has already been said, Building in /dev/shm is bizarre - you
> don't need shared memory for the install (or for the build, except
> to the extent that e.g. python2 might use it - and you don't need to
> specify its use).  And wherever non-standard you build, you may need
> to add it to /etc/ld.so.conf so that the libraries can be found.
>
> Normally, for someone using systemd I would point to the systemd
> book of beyond linuxfromscratch.org (I have involvement with some
> parts of that), but you would need the latest version of the
> development book for current gimp-2.10, and that can be described as
> 'may be broken in places' - probably not relevant here, the known
> problems are with our move to python-3.10.
>
> Given your apparent lack of recent experience compiling linux
> userspace software, I think that the BLFS instructions will be too
> hard for you and you should try a different approach.  If you
> nevertheless want to try a build based on those instructions, you
> [...]

Thank you very much, for your detailed answer and comments, Ken. I
really appreciate them. But, to some point, they just help me confirming
a choice i did: i will not compile Gimp, for tests or small changes, in
a different version than my system in use has; or i will do it in a
virtual environment, which i do not have available now.

In this list, for this problem, i am waiting just for the answer i
mentioned in the other message sent today: is it possible, by changing
Gimp settings, to have the clone tool behaviour changed to what i
describe and have?

My best regards,

Dedeco