At 02:41 AM 1/22/2011, Mike Williams wrote:
>On Fri, Jan 21, 2011 at 11:28 AM, Ofnuts
><<mailto:ofn...@laposte.net>ofn...@laposte.net> wrote:
>
>< %%BoundingBox: -1 -1 234 234
>---
> > %%BoundingBox: 0 0 500 500
>17c17
>< 0.47166 0.47166 scale
>---
> > 1 1 scale
>

>I played with this a bit with ghostscript after gettting the changes
>for page3b.eps
>
>It turned out that my problem was the command line parameters for
>ghostscript were overriding what was in the eps file.  After I got
>that sorted out I noticed that the horizontal lines of the outer
>border were thinner that the vertical lines.  I think was due to
>using a single number for -r and not having square pixels.
>
><http://watson.bio.whe.umb.edu/images/page3b12.png>http://watson.bio.whe.umb.edu/images/page3b12.png

this looks great!

>One more change to the command line args fixed that problem, at
>least on my screen.
>
>gs -dSAFER -dBATCH -dNOPAUSE -sDEVICE=pngmono -r91.8456X97.5238
>-dDEVICEWIDTHPOINTS=500 -dDEVICEHEIGHTPOINTS=500  -sOutputFile=$2.png $1.eps
>
><http://watson.bio.whe.umb.edu/images/page3b13.png>http://watson.bio.whe.umb.edu/images/page3b13.png

it's hard to see any difference in the two (i have poor vision).

i have ghostscript (for windoze). the viewer does a good job also.

i want to do some experiments with gs. can you please send me some of
your scripts. (i can use cygwin or groovy to do scripting).

thanks

---
co-chair http://ocjug.org/