On 01/22/2011 10:38 AM, Ray Tayek wrote:
> At 02:03 AM 1/21/2011, you wrote:
>
>> On 01/21/2011 09:13 AM, Ray Tayek wrote:
>>> what should the values be for bounding box?
>> current bounding box size/current scaling factor=235/.47166=498,24 (I
>> used 500)
> i understand that.
>
> what about a bounding box like: %%BoundingBox: -1 -21 101 214
>
> would this need some kind of translate or something?

>>> had the great result?
>> Already sent you the fixed EPS (page3b.eps)
> yes. i got that from my mail folder.
>
>> I used a plain: "convert page3b.eps page3b.gif" (no parameters whatsoever)
> displaying this in my email reader (eudora), it looks great. in a
> browser it looks great.
>
> viewing with picasa shows a black background, gimp shows a checkerboard.

Very likely because by default it is a transparent GIF (btw, IMHO PNG is
much better than GIF). Convert must have an option to set a background.
But if you use the images in a web site, you can leave them that way,
and have the HTML display them over a go-ban picture (or any wooden
pattern).

(side note: at that point GIMP is no longer involved, so I'm wondering
if this can can continue on the Gimp-user list).