If the generated brush outline is too complex, turning it off for that brush
only, or somehow simplify more complex brush outlines would be a better
solution than disabling it altogether in the program settings.
I have created deliberately a brush, which outline slows down Gimp when
drawing. Is it OK to attach it (below 100 Kbytes)?