Diane,

If top-posting is fine for you, then there's a box at the bottom of the
converstion that says, "Click here to Reply or Forward."  All you need to
do is click in the box and start typing your reply.  You don't need to
click reply.  So that's one-click and no keystrokes apart from those that
comprise your message.

As for the ellipsis.  If you want to see the hidden email to which you're
replying, just click it

Kenneth