On Sat, Aug 1, 2015 at 12:10 AM, DEP/Dodo <depfah...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Wow, Marko!  What tells you that it is a shortcut to IE?  I can't tell!

​I can tell just by looking at it. ​This is IE for sure, probably v.9. Why
do you suppose it opens the MSN tab, hmm? If you were to click the gear
icon, you would see and 'About Internet Explorer' item at the bottom of
that menu.
[image: Inline image 1]
​Your blue and white Google shortcut is just an IE shortcut.​ Delete it if
you wish. While you're at it, remove the IE shortcut from the taskbar.

> Also, how do I get a Google shortcut for Chrome?  I wanted to do what you
> showed me for the Gmail icon in the taskbar, but those 3 Chrome bars are
> not available on the Google window.

​Those 3 bars are not there because you are in IE.

If you want the Google shortcut for Chrome, simply open Chrome and browse
to www.google.com, then click the 3 bars, More Tools>​Add to taskbar. Check
'Open as window' if you wish to hide the URL bar.
You will end up with something like this:
​[image: Inline image 2]​

--
Marko