I'm sorry -- I wasn't explicit enough.  The "boxen" I upgraded -were- the
servers.  The clients are many, and varied, but seem to all experience the
same issue.  Note that of the clients from whom I've heard complaints, all
are behind NAT boxes, though I don't quite see how that would correlate.
(I'm going to give a go from a box with a "real" IP shortly, now that I
think of it...)

-Ken