On Mon, 26 Aug 2002, at 2:29pm, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Any suggestions as to what projects or vendors I might read up on?

  Given the multi-terabyte size requirement, you might want to look into
some "Big Name Vendors" like Red Hat or IBM.  They have the resources to
have tested this already.

  Filesystems (an fsck on a terabyte filesystem is gonna suck):

  EXT3 -- various (Google for it)
  ResierFS -- http://www.namesys.com
  XFS -- http://oss.sgi.com/projects/xfs

  Storage management (you need it, trust me):

  Linux LVM -- http://www.sistina.com
  Linux EVMS -- http://oss.software.ibm.com/developerworks/opensource/evms

--
Ben Scott <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>