On Mon, 2003-01-20 at 13:57, Michael O'Donnell wrote:

> I'm fed up with Flash.  I resent it when somebody
> hijacks my computer by executing something on it that

  Me too.  What I don't get is why the developers of Mozilla, Galeon,
Konqueror, etc. don't add the kind of filtering for Java, Javascript,
Flash, or any/all plugins on a per site basis ala the cookie managers in
each.  Of course, I may not have all my facts straight and it's possible
that it's being considered for each of them ;-).  It's seems silly to
have to disable Flash or Java completely when there are sites that have
some non-offensive uses of them (though I can't think of any at the
moment).
  My head's still spinning from the spam conference last Friday.  Spam
is a much more difficult thing to deal with.  Given that most of this
annoying flash, java, etc. stuff is dependent on components running on
our local machines, they should be much easier to deal with than spam
without disrupting our 'browsing experience' much, if at all.

--
-Paul Iadonisi
 Senior System Administrator