> What I don't get is why the developers of Mozilla,
> Galeon, Konqueror, etc. don't add the kind of filtering for
> Java, Javascript, Flash, or any/all plugins on a per site
> basis ala the cookie managers in each.

In Pheonix and Mozilla if you go to the prefs, then Advanced under
"JavaScript" you have checkboxes for the following options:

Allow Scripts to:
Move or resize exsisting windows
Raise or lower windows
Hide the status bar
Change status bar text
Change images
Chreate or change cookies
Read cookies

The only ones I have turned off are the first two.. And those eliminate
pop-ups. Under windows I use Ad-Subtract and that removes all ads,
including skyscraper, boxes, buttons, and normal banners, be them flash
or not. I know you can also set up Ad Subract to be a proxy for others
on your network, kinda like junkbuster.