--- Jon maddog Hall <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Why would a major software company really believe that anyone who could
> say the word "secure" would apply this patch that came through the email this
> way?

Empirical observations?

> If they get Mom&Pop installing patches this way, what happens
> when the very first "spoofer" hits Mom&Pop with what looks like a patch
> from Microsoft?

The same thing that happens with every other MS virus.  Microsoft will issue another
patch.

> It just makes Microsoft look even more clueless.

Yes, but to people like my folks, for example, Microsoft is just being nice by
sending the patch direct instead of making them have to go download it.  Granted, my
folks are the type who will call me to tell me their "email is broken."

-Mike-

=====
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not
got it"
-George Bernard Shaw