On Thu, 16 Oct 2003, at 3:57pm, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Some people seem to feel that the benefit to the public of quoting your
> e-mail address is more important than your explicitly stated wish that the
> public should not have it.

<FLAME LEVEL=HIGH>

  [insert profanity here]

  And some people feel that by broadcasting your email address to the world,
you're pretty much giving up any hope of keeping it contained, and blaming
other people for that is freaking retarded.

  Here's a concept: If you don't want people to know your email address,
don't f**king broadcast it in a public forum.

  This is like the whole "security through obscurity" thing.  You think you
can keep something that is reasonably obvious and easy to obtain a secret,
you solve your problems.  Problem is, all it takes is one time, and the
cat's out of the bag.

</FLAME>

  I notice that you've set your headers to list From as
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, obviously an invalid address.  That makes a huge
amount of sense to me.  Now you're not broadcasting your email address.
Much better!  In fact, when I first saw it, I thought, "Wow.  What a good
idea.  Why didn't I think of that?"

  And it's a hell of a lot more productive then blaming people for using an
email address in an email forum.

--
Ben Scott <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>