Bill Sconce wrote:

Seriously, there have been any number of meetings which people
(read: me) might have sincerely desired to attend, but which were
no longer possible by the time an announcement arrived a day or
so before the event (or on the same day!).

Or even the day AFTER a couple of times.

I'm a member of a group that periodically has web get-togethers. The webmaster posts the
schedule once a month. He sends out an announcement a week before for major events.
He sends out a notice the day of (since it is an online thing, that's not too late). Then he
sends out a notice when the event starts. It is alot of work since, AFAIK, he doesn't
do any scripting. That is perfect for me. I can plan it in weeks ahead. I get a reminder
that it is coming up in a few days and then a reminder that it is on that day.

That is alot of work though. Just a notice a week in advance would be nice. I've seen
several events I would have been interested in attending. (And I'm not generally an
attending person.) But, a few hours notice, or even a day, just isn't enough time for me.

--
Dan Jenkins ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
Rastech Inc., Bedford, NH, USA --- 1-603-624-7272