On Fri, 16 Apr 2004, at 12:43pm, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> I'm a little dismayed that there has been zero response to my message
> about GIMP 2.0

  And you waited a whole 23 hours, even.

  One of the perpetual problems with GNHLUG (and I'm just as guilty as
anybody, so I'm not trying to lay blame, here) is that we *do not give
people enough time*.

  We don't announce meetings early enough in advance.  The two week advance
notice that this meeting is getting is quite generous for us, and even that
isn't really anywhere near enough time.  Many people need a month or more to
plan their busy schedules.

  We also don't give others enough time to process things, either.  For
example, I'm real busy at work right now, so I can't always find time during
the week to read this list.  I'm certain I'm not alone here.  Yet this isn't
the first time someone has been nonplussed by a less-then-instantaneous
response.

  Unfortunately, I don't have any easy solution to this problem.  We would
do well to at least recognize it, though.

--
Ben Scott <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>