Dan Jenkins <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> The Comcast service has been exemplary though, as long as we haven't
> needed to call them. We finally replaced all our Verizon lines with
> Vonage, as Vonage had far better sound quality and reliability than
> Verizon's voice wires could provide (at less cost).

How long have you had Vonage?  I've had them for over a year now.  In
general, I'm satisfied, but there seem to be some annoying quirks with
them.  The most frequent problem is the echo.  It's not there all the
time, but it's there quite often.

The other problems I've had are:

 - Making a call and the recipient can't hear me, but they're loud and clear.
 - Dropped calls where suddenly I'm talking to a dead line

Of course, for $27/month, they certainly beat the same feature set
from Verizon for $75/month! I certainly won't go back to Verizon and
spend almost $50 more per month.

Oh, and I have had occasion to use 9-1-1 from my Vonage line and had
emergency response within 10 minutes of the call.  So, no worries
there either!
--
Seeya,
Paul