"Tom Buskey" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Ummm, UW-IMAP will do MH folders, poorly.  No sub folders.  Reindex on every
> access.  I think UW-IMAP might still do a linear search through all the
> folders just like it does on mbox.  Try that w/ users that have 1GB folders
> on an older IMAP server.

UW-IMAP even does IMAP poorly :) I remember a while back ddm
discovered that UW-IMAP copied an entire folder to /tmp, opened the
file, then deleted it before "purging" deleted messages.  The "purge"
function was a matter of traversing the open file handle and copying
the not-marked-for-deletion messages back to the original folder
location.

This isn't a bad means of doing this if a) you don't have many users,
b) have tons of CPU and memory c) have a HUGE /tmp area, and d) have
users who don't have tons of e-mail with huge attachments.

--
Seeya,
Paul