On October 18, 2007, TARogue sent me the following:
> The fix needs to be in the list, not the reader.

Before there is a fix, I think there needs to be a problem. The original
complaint was that "abuse" of reply-to could lead to this "cancer". If
people are simply smart enough to trim down their recipients to only the
people they think want the reply, then there's no progressive header
growth.

In fact, not everyone in the thread needs to do this, as long as some
percentage of the thread repliers don't include all the previous
recipients in their To and Cc headers, then the headers remain
managable.

It's only when every replier always hits reply-to-all does the problem
grow without bounds.

--
Chip Marshall <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>     http://weblog.2bithacker.net/
GCM/IT d+(-) s+:++ a26>? C++ UB++++$ P+++$ L- E--- W++ N@ o K- w O M+