From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, April 30, 2008 2:55 PM
To: gnhlug-discuss@mail.gnhlug.org
Subject: Re: Comcast blocks port 25 incoming, yet again

> From: "Joshua Ronne Altemoos" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2008 12:22:24 -0400

> I have VZ/Fairpoint, and it is horriable I might add.
>
> Speeds are awful, I just speedtested the connection and got 700 kb/s down
> and 100kb/s up, but I never get these speeds really. I downloaded the recent
> ubuntu ISO @ 100kb/s or less. Also most of the times I get 4-10kb/s for
> uploading...

You might be suffering from the RADSL vs. ADSL problem.  In a
sentence: Verizon sells RADSL but they call it "ADSL".

> They also refuse to replace our modem, that often disconnects out connection
> whenever one person stops using the connection, and the only way to fix this
> is to powercycle the modem.

*That* could be due to idle timeout.  Log into your modem and check
 for any idle disconnect setting... then disable it. :)

> We are considering switching to Comcast.

Have you been reading the list?  Does "MV Communications" ring
a bell? ;) </plug>