> From: Coleman Kane <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2008 09:51:28 -0400
> Cc: gnhlug-discuss@mail.gnhlug.org

> > Been happy ever since.  Totally.  Should have *started* with MV. Every
> > call a pleasure; never one problem with the service.
> >=20
> > -Bill
>
> They do look promising, and they appear to have cheaper rates than
> FairPoint, but that $60 setup fee is pretty killer. Especially
> considering that I will probably be moving again in August.

Unfortunately, I was recently in that position as well.  When I moved,
I asked MV to "transfer" my service to my new location, but they told
me they couldn't do that.  I was told that I would have to terminate
service at the first location, set up service at the second location,
and that I'd have to pay the $60 setup fee again.

But I knew my alternatives: Comcrap, Verizscam, and dial-up.  So I did
it and paid the second setup fee.  AFAIWC, continuing service with MV
was the only acceptable option.

But I agree with you: $60 setup fee--no matter how often you
move--that's harsh.