On Mon, Apr 28, 2008 at 9:51 AM, Coleman Kane <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> ... that $60 setup fee is pretty killer. Especially
>  considering that I will probably be moving again in August.

  Yah, paying provisioning costs when you're only going to need
something for a few months is a bummer.  But provisioning does cost --
it's going to be the most expensive part of your individual circuit.
They don't just flip a switch.  They actually have to have a guy drive
out to the CO, wire up your pair to the DSLAM, and possibly drive to
your place and put a meter on the line to qualify it, and then
possibly also go out along the wire route to remove load coils and
bridge taps from the poles.  Once it's up and running, your particular
loop doesn't need much individual attention.  (Infrastructure costs
are huge, of course, but those are "shared costs", not individual to
you.)

-- Ben