Joshua Ronne Altemoos wrote:
> I have VZ/Fairpoint, and it is horriable I might add.
>
> Speeds are awful, I just speedtested the connection and got 700 kb/s down
> and 100kb/s up, but I never get these speeds really. I downloaded the recent
> ubuntu ISO @ 100kb/s or less. Also most of the times I get 4-10kb/s for
> uploading...
>
> They also refuse to replace our modem, that often disconnects out connection
> whenever one person stops using the connection, and the only way to fix this
> is to powercycle the modem.
>
> We are considering switching to Comcast.
>
> ~Josh

Just thought I'd add a positive word about VZ/Fairpoint FIOS existing
install. I have not had any downtime
since getting it installed a little less than a year ago.

Just did a test

15591 kbps down and 1653 kbps up

Which matches pretty well 'typical' speeds for real world (though I
occasionally have seen better upload speeds).