> We've got the `open database of general knowledge' (Wikipedia), the
> open database of maps (OpenStreetMap), the open database of
> speed-limit signs (Wikispeedia), the open database of GSM cell-sites
> (OpenBmap)..., why not one for WiFi-hotspots?

We actually talked about this a bit at the DLSLUG meeting on
OpenStreetMap.  A WiFi node is just another type of node, with a certain
tag.  I think somebody said wardrivers have already automated this?  It
makes more sense to add the data to OpenStreetMap than to create another
database.

>> B-o-o-o-o-o-gus!
>
> Are you quoting Bill & Ted, or Frankenstein? :)

Click and Clack, of course!

-Bill