It's happened.

My geek of a daughter (all of 8, with her own digital camera and my old
laptop) asked to have her own website, which I assume means she wants to
post pictures and write a blog.

Now, now, stop what you're thinking.  I have no intention of this going
to the outside world, and that means I need to set it up on my Debian
server in the basement so she can do whatever she wants.  I need to have
it local so I can monitor the content and who gets access to it, but I
don't know what blogging software is out there that kids can easily
understand and use.

I imagine some of you have run into this in the past.  What did you do?

-Mark