Bruce Labitt <bruce.lab...@myfairpoint.net> writes:
> Any suggestions?  apt-get -f install returns the error message. apt-get
> remove returns the same error.  Looking for a few ideas. I'll try to use
> some of them tonight to attempt a fix.  Got to visit Mom now...

I'm always a "nuke it from orbit" person with these things. /home is a
separate partition and I have (at least) two others, for alternately
installing fresh on, back and forth. I *never* "upgrade".

If /home is separate, I'd just nuke / and start over. If /home isn't
separate, back it up, repartition and start over.