On Thu, 29 Jan 2004 09:39:07 -0500
Rob Lembree <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On a related topic, I have a quad Xeon server (400MHz) with 2G
> mem and two fully loaded RAID arrays, acquired by Phil Motta
> for us to find a good home for.
>
> Ideally, I'd like to find a not-for-profit to give this to on
> behalf of Phil for the purpose of teaching Linux and programming.
> Also, ideally, I'd like to see this seed a school new to Linux,
> and find volunteers to help them with talks, remote sysadmin and
> training.

I will talk to the NHSTE people in charge of the workshop.
Maybe they can use it for the workshop and as a demo.
How big is the disk space?

I have raised the idea before of GNHLUG having a machine or more set up
and ready to run to demonstrate Linux as a server and as a desktop.
Walk in with the server and a switch and maybe WiFi AP and show people
what it can do using their client machines, etc.  Use it as a repository
for software.  I take it the machine you have is a big server and not
handy to travel with, but maybe it could server for that too.

Ed Lawson