On 4/11/07, Jim Kuzdrall <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
1) 1 week before.  Prior to that, people don't know their schedules.

 I dispute that.  :)  I've heard from different people on different
occasions that they would have been able to make such-and-such a
meeting if they had had more advanced notice.  Some people really do
plan ahead.  The concept is foreign to me, but I know well that "me !=
everybody".

 As an example, look at someone who travels a lot, like maddog.
Anyone like that is going to need several weeks advance notice to plan
their schedule.

After that [1 week], people can't change them.

 Tell that to my boss!  ;-)

But some people rush off to Starbucks and then
to work without reading their email!

 Others don't read their email until they get to work.

Having the announcement always arrive on the same day relative to
the event is also very helpful in establishing expectations.

 This I agree with.  Even if people don't consciously realize it,
they will start to associate the time periods.

-- Ben