I, too, think that a practical demonstration of Linux/FOSS radio
applications would be uber-cool and very appropriate, for both the ham
community and the FOSS community.  Unfortunately, that is way far out
of my area of expertise, so I'm not going to sign up to run it.
However, should some other GNHLUGers with appropriate knowledge decide
they want to put on a show, I'd be happy to assist with things like
logistics and administration.

  Perhaps a general Call For Participation should be put out on the
gnhlug-discuss list, inviting GNHLUG hams to get involved.

-- Ben