Jim Kuzdrall wrote:

>     What if you get a significant number of new people to come to a
> meeting, but they find the presentation misses their interest target?
> How many times will they respond to a gnhLUG advert again?

Likely none, if they are rational. Though you never know.

Some people come once and are never heard from again. Some attend
sporadically, either because only a few meetings interest them, or they
have other obligations on meeting nights, or they can never remember
which is the third Thursday of the month.

I do not advocate that we try to be all things to all people, or that we
try to be anything other than what we are: an eclectic group of people
sharing a common interest in Linux and FOSS. There are many people out
there meeting that description that will not be inclined to attend a
meeting for their own reasons. That's fine. I just want them to know
that a meeting is occurring.

>     But perhaps the risk disappointed newcomers is easier to bear
> than the delay and turmoil of a businesslike approach in this
> non-business environment.
>
>     I will suggest a business-minded approach in a separate post, in
> case anyone wishes to slow down.

We can't slow down, because we're not doing anything yet. Just opening a
discussion.

--
Ted Roche
Ted Roche & Associates, LLC