On Thu, 2 Nov 2000, Kenneth E. Lussier wrote:

> I had this problem a few months ago. For about two months straight, my
> cable modem went down three or four times a day for anywhere from 10
> minutes to two hours. I called them every single time because they kept
> telling me that there was no problem. Eventually they had to replace the
> head-end because there were spontanious reboots for no reason. I haven't
> had an outage in about 3 months now ;-)

It's almost always the head-end.  I had some tech come and tell me they
were going to have to re-wire everything, because the guys that did the
install did a bad job.  That night, someone worked on my local head end
for some apparently unrelated reason, and my problems went away.  I found
out about it when I called back to say everything was working fine...

They certainly don't seem to have their act together.  When you get their
own technicians out though, those guys have a Clue(tm).  The helpless desk
people and the rent-a-techs need... something.

--
We sometimes catch a window, a glimpse of what's beyond
Was it just imagination stringing us along?