In a message dated: Tue, 14 Nov 2000 15:28:42 EST
Benjamin Scott said:

I disagree with all these design decisions:

>  Query?  You've got the spec file, which you are presumably interested in,
>since you're mucking around with the sources.  What are you going to query?

Maybe I want to know what version of the source package I have *quickly*
without cd'ing down some who know's where looking for the version number.

>  You don't upgrade source packages.

Maybe I know the version of the source I have installed is obsolete, and I
want to grab the latest, while simultaneously deleting the old stuff.  That's
what rpm -U is supposed to do.

>  Uninstall?  You don't uninstall user data.  If you don't want something
>anymore, you just delete it.

But it's a lot easier to type rpm -e foo-source.srpm than it is to type:

        cd /usr/src/redhat
        rm -rf BUILD/*  RPMS/*  SOURCES/*  SPECS/*  SRPMS/*

Of course, I don't blame you personally Ben, for those poor design decisions
(though if I could, you know I would ;)
--
Seeya,
Paul