On Mon, 19 Feb 2001, Jeffry Smith wrote:
> Recently, they seem to have lightened up on Linux & OS.  Maybe because IBM
> (one of their major advertisers, MS being another one) is supporting it.
> However, they still seem to take a lot of the "linuxgram" method - damning
> with faint praise, reporting every problem, etc.

  I used to read InfoWorld at my last job (mainly because they bombarded us
with free copies of it).  I generally found them a reasonably unbiased source
of IT news.  Or at least, equally unbiased.  They generally took the tact that
IT is a job to get done.  Anything that made it easier was good; anything that
made it harder was bad.  It was a good mix of IT and "business".

> I personally think they should have won it every year since then, but
> suspect they don't like it because the linux community doesn't buy ads ;-)

  To be fair, as Linux has gained in popularity, the ratio of willing-helpers
to people-needing-help has dropped.  That may have something to do with it.

--
Ben Scott <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Net Technologies, Inc. <http://www.ntisys.com>