On Sun, 25 Nov 2001, Paul Lussier wrote:

> Additionally, what if you want to delete a lot of stuff and you're
> postive you want to delete it?  You now have to answer y|n to every
> single file.  That's a pain.

Tsk, tsk, Paul: I expect you to know all three ways (that I can think
of, at least) to override that:

\rm *
and
rm -f *
and
yes | rm *

Of course, these should be used with caution.  As for aliases, I both
agree with many of your (plural "you") sentiments, and disagree: while I
have almost none, I do find that they are hugely helpful for misc. things
that one uses all the time -- and, if you're using the *same* command all
the time, what good is typing it really going to do you in terms of
learning it?  It's only when you do things differently that you learn;
otherwise, it might as well be an alias.  Lastly, alias files from more
learned users are frequently handy ways of showing newbies how things
are done.

$.02,

-Ken

And how do you over-ride that alias