----- Original Message -----
From: "Bill Mullen" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Tom Rauschenbach" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Saturday, December 15, 2001 11:49 PM
Subject: Re: CD burners

[snip]

> At the risk of oversimplification, if not outright error, here goes:

[snip]

> 2. CD-R/W disc - Can be written to, can also be erased (but only by
> completely wiping it out, not on a file-by-file basis like a hard drive).
> Some regular CD-ROM drives can have trouble reading from these, YMMV.

Are you sure this is right? My CD-RW drive came with a Windows program to
manage files just like a regular Windows file system, albeit slower. It is
possible that they just manage the filesystem differently, but I'm pretty
sure they can erase and reburn at least on a track-by-track basis.

BTW, there ARE DVD recorders. Philips, Pioneer, Ricoh, and Panasonic all
make them.

Go here for more info: www.cdrinfo.com

Reviews, news, OS issues, cross-platform recording, etc.

Rich Cloutier
SYSTEM SUPPORT SERVICES
President, C*O
www.sysupport.com