Put the following in your boot stanza in /etc/lilo.conf

    append="hda=ide-scsi"

(and re-run lilo). Or put 'hda=ide-scsi' on the boot command line.

This tells the kernel that the ide-scsi logic is only to be applied to /dev/hda - all
other devices
should use the IDE interface.

--Bruce

For the latest local Linux news, go to http://www.gnhlug.org/ .