On Fri, 2002-02-01 at 17:08, CmdrRoot wrote:
> (http://slashdot.org/articles/02/02/01/1844210.shtml) on slashdot and
> followed up to this (http://theregister.co.uk/content/4/23919.html)
> article at the register. It somewhat details the purpose of Mono and
> what I shall now refer to as Miguel's twisted idea of Microsoft.

<eh-hem>  A large part of the thread was dealing with this exact same
story.  (Hell: it was the reason the thread even started, in the first
place!)  The bottom line was: don't trust the Register.  Read what
Miguel *SAID* (the Register probably won't stoop to quoting him
incorrectly), not what they want you to think.

In other words, learn what sources you trust, and those that you don't.
Doesn't mean that those you don't like always spout tripe, nor that
those you do, don't.  But sites such as the Register should be taken
with large grains of NaCl until confirmation is obtained from other
sources.

-Ken