In a message dated: Mon, 04 Feb 2002 15:43:46 EST
Benjamin Scott said:

>On Mon, 4 Feb 2002, Derek D. Martin wrote:
>> The problem is that Red Hat, and probably other vendors, have changed the
>> default locale.
>
>  Expect this problem to get worse as more and more of the three billion or
>so non-English-speaking people in the world begin using computers.
>
>  Personally, I expect it to get much worse before it gets any better.
>Wait until Unicode superceeds ASCII, and suddenly all the C programs that
>assume one character == one byte stop working.

I expect Unicode to supercede ASCII about the same time IPv6
supercedes IPv4.  Actually, to make the transition go smoothly, they
will probably implement both simultaneously.

I expect to pushing up daisies long before either happen.

But then again, I expected to be doing that long before the Patriots
ever won a Super Bowl.  Maybe I ought not to speak so soon :)
--

Seeya,
Paul

                          God Bless America!

        ...we don't need to be perfect to be the best around,
                and we never stop trying to be better.
                       Tom Clancy, The Bear and The Dragon