In a message dated: Mon, 04 Feb 2002 13:01:32 PST
"Karl J. Runge" said:

>Sorry, I wasn't clear.  Just a nit: I only meant 'export FOO=bar' is
>bash specific.  Some people work only on Linux where sh -> bash, but in
>a heterogeneous environment it could make a difference... (no sh wars pls).

Ohhhh, sorry.  Yeah, the 'export FOO=bar' is a holdover from my ksh
days.  I never actually think of that as a bash thing, rather a ksh
thing that happens to work in bash :)
--

Seeya,
Paul

                          God Bless America!

        ...we don't need to be perfect to be the best around,
                and we never stop trying to be better.
                       Tom Clancy, The Bear and The Dragon